Sunday, September 13, 2009

I forgot I had a blog

I really, truly did! I couldn't believe it when I checked my blog today and saw the last post dated over a month ago! Preposterous! Unheard of! How did I get to this point? When all my friends are blogging away and many of them have many children, some even homeschool. What am I doing wrong? Why don't I have the spare time to post? I feel guilty being on the computer during the day, when the kids need me to answer their school questions. After school to correct their schoolwork and after homework questions related to food and sports. Then, when they are all finally asleep (never before 9:30) I feel guilty that I am not getting rest before another busy day. Seriously, people! When does one get time to blog? Intelligent, inspiring, faith and courage building posts too? Help, I am stuck in daily life with only 4 kids (and a hubs laying down flat on his back for the last 2 days due to a pulled lower back), so make it 5 kids.
Not much of a post, huh? Very rhetorical, I guess. But I really do hope to get a few comments, ideas, tips. I hate the idea of deleting my blog (after spending the last hour reading friends' blogs) but at the same time the idea of a blog that is not updated bothers me even more. I am stuck in a rut. Can someone tell I've been helping a kid write a poem? Maybe I should let my kids post on my blog. They have a bit more time on their hands (even with all the school and softball and other extra-curricular undersocialized homeschoolers participate in randomly). I know many of you, bloggers are just as busy, but you do squeeze in the time to share your bit of wisdom and joys or your lives in your little cyberplace. Be blessed!

3 comments:

JoJo Tabares said...

Hey I was wondering what happened to you!! Good to see you posting again!

I only have one at home now but I do run two businesses, one online event, a weekly podcast and newsletter and I have two blogs. While my son is doing his math problems or spelling work, I work on the computer. I have insomnia so I do a lot while he is asleep. What helps me is to post all my blogposts a week ahead of time. I do that on Friday or during the weekend when my son is spending time w/daddy!

Chasity said...

I don't blog as often as I'd like..for obvious reasons...I have alot more to say than I do...but it's a danger to take time away from our families. So if you don't blog as often as you like, good, you must be being a mom...and that's more important. :)

Nancy B said...

You are doing just fine, Natalie. Don't worry if you don't post that often. I'm in the same boat but it can't be helped. Still, my family would be sad if I shut down my blog. So I'm just leaving the lonely thing where it is until I have time to mess with it. :)

BTW, I loved your comment about "undersocialized homeschoolers." I laughed out loud and then read it to Kenny.