Tuesday, January 12, 2010
New Year's resolutions - can they resolve themselves?
My daughter caught me changing my amazon affiliate's Thanksgiving day's ad and thought I was blogging. I snorted at her excitement and caught myself fuming inside that time is slipping away quicker than I can blink. With the move from CA and the huge surprises laying in our little old log cabin ranging from rodent urine in my cabinets to a filthy house we left during our 3 week regrouping in June, it's been beyond overwhelming. I clicked on the links of some of the bloggers I used to follow and was blessed to see a continual thread of events shared and prayed about a resolution to blog a bit more, lose weight and read books more this year (I'll limit myself to three for now). But am I being realistic? With a perpetual sweeping of wood chips and attempting to maintain a relatively picked up house to at least visually help me not be claustrophobic is it really realistic? Maybe with the cold weather and snow forced to live by my wishful longing for warmer weather it will get easier. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... post at least a few updated like on my Facebook account. I think I can work out at least 3 times a week since it only takes to move an armchair for a full 20 mins out of the way and only a few bangs on my legs and arms. I think I can read something besides what's on my laptop's screen. Organizing, de-cluttering and other projects that are on my major to do list will get done, eventually. I do wish for a magic wand and a magnificent transformation at one single wave of it. But, at the absence of a wand and a mind that understands reality I purpose to focus more and get things done one at a time ... It is more realistic, isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
I think you can do it!!! Remember in everything HE gives us strength and insight. Keep your head up, sometimes in the clouds it's nice...ok, well keep your chin up then. Have a good weekend.
Post a Comment