Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What do you do sans kids?


I have just another short hour before my clan gets home from a long trip sans me. I don't know why French is in my head, I should be studying Italian since we plan on stopping in Italy on the way over to my home town in a bit over a month. But, Italian wasn't on my priority list :) When we buy the tickets I'll worry about heading over to livemocha.com for some free Italian lessons! Till then, press one for English (I have to really behave when I hear that phrase and I am foreigner, you know).
So, what did I do while the family was gone?

· Read whatever I wanted wherever I wanted, however long I wanted!

· Didn’t leave the house for five days because I didn’t have to or couldn’t get out because of snow and ice and loved it. Hope I didn’t turn into a hermit!

· Packed all the groceries with my family and realized I don’t have much to eat, so I dieted :), well, sort of, no chocolate, if that counts. I must confess, I opened a cookie box I found hidden in a cabinet. I didn't know I had a stash. Hmm, so I guess, I cleaned the kitchen cabinets now to think of it. I must have had in order to find them yummy IKEA cookies.

· Ate a lot of buckwheat and food that my family can’t stand the smell of it while cooking.

· Drank heavily-cranberry juice and lemon water.

· Watched 2 big people movies.

· Got a haircut by my personal stylist and friend who came to keep me company for a couple of nites.

· Prayed, cried, laughed and caught up with friends on the phone and, after the thaw had a friend drop by for a short hello.

· Went for a walk in the snow once and took a few pictures that I didn’t edit, not enough time L

· Worked out twice

· Did a gallbladder/liver flush and had a lot of large stones come out.

· Looked in the toilet many times, I know gross…

· Washed windows and tried to rearrange furniture in the living room (last one unsuccessfully)

· Did a load of laundry and hung it on the clothes’ line to have it snowed on with 5 inches.

· Brought in a ton of wood and kept the fire going, managed to burn the carpet and the linoleum when a piece of wood fell out. Had pants on, so avoided a burn.

· Emed my kids ecards telling them I miss them but they can take their time visiting J

· Listen to a lot of Joyce Meyer sermons while :

· Cleaning son’s and daughter’s room and bagging everything extra. I plan on making money on this stuff when they return (I know they want this stuff or it would be neatly put up, right? I actually got almost $2 swept from my son’s room-finder’s keepers)

· Took an actual bath with actual sea salts

· Didn’t cook and the dishes I did make I loaded in the top rack of the DW just an hour ago to be a good model for my children.

· Mopped and cleaned and scrubbed. Joyce Meyer is very motivational so I kept moving!

· Signed up with Lynda.com and learned a bit about Photoshop and Lightroom! FUN!

· Actually completed a scrapbook page in the last hours of my sans everybody time.

I am sure I’ve done more than that but that’s all I got time for now. I want to get a few more things done before the joyous arrival, filling the EMPTY fridge after a Sam’s club stop and listening to the kids chatter away!

Highly recommend accepting any hint from your husband, friend or relative to keep the kids while you take your time! No string attached! Take the hint mid-air! And don’t forget to thank me! I am ready for my family now, refreshed, renewed and quite rested! Our God is good!






1 comment:

kentuckymommy said...

Nat, were those MY Ikea cookies you ate? :( Just kidding and you never mentioned going to Moldovia to me! That is so cool!!! Does your dad know yet? He'll enjoy that...is it just you, you and Ben, or all the B.Meyers? Can't wait to see you at Sarah's shower...it looks like we'll be coming...Bless you girl!